What is a good lesson without a few random, may-never-use-again but totally interesting facts! Physics fun facts here we go!
- The Thorny Devil doesn’t get much water in the desert so it has adapted to absorb water through its skin!
- Charles Darwin, the father of the theory of evolution and natural selection, did a very long and tedious study of barnacles – for 8 years!
- The Marcgravia evenia vine from Cuba has leaves shaped like little satellite dishes. This makes them very easy for bats to find with their echolocation.
- A young Common Basilisk has very special feet that allows them to run up to 20 meters (65.5 feet) on water.
- Giraffes spend most of the day eating, and most of that eating is with their tongues. So they have a special adaptation: a black tongue so it will not sunburn.
This list is part of Fit to Survive [Unit 11]. Jump over to the unit main page to see all lessons and activities.